Monday, January 11, 2010

So can I just say...

I am STARVING! This whole diet thing is about self control and self dicipline and so far I've done well and stck to my guns with only few exceptions. But I'm hungry. Constantly hungry.

I started with two main goals. Goal #1 was to excersize more. Not a set goal, no specific standard, but more. More then none can be anything right? Goal #2, pay attention to what I'm eating and try to stick to 2000 calories a day. I figure that if the Average Joe should stick to 2000, then at my size, 2000 should surely be much less then what I'm eating. And boy was I right. I find counting calories forces me to make choices for healthy foods simply to be able to eat more then 2 bites of anything. You start weighing your options and learn what you can eat lots of vs. what you are very limited on. For instance, I can eat 2 double stuffed oreos or 10 chocolate covered strawberries for the same calories. Seriously, which do you think I'd pick? Oreos are good, but not THAT good.

As far as excersize goes, it's 22 degrees outside so walking is out. I've been doing a lot of Cardio on the Wii and I got a Biggest loser Boot Camp DVD that is more work then I'd like to admit. I'm consistantly working out about 2x a week. I get some other mini workouts in, but a good solid 45 plus minutes just twice a week. I plan to step taht up when the muscles stop whining so much about the use. They've gotten lazy!

So I'm 11 days into this process and so far, I can see that it's working. I mean, I'm not weighing in today BUT I can tell you I've already surpassed my goal for the month. I'm also smart enough to realize that the weight you JUST put on is always the easiest to get off. So January I expected to be easy and to drop some real weight. February will take more work.

Guess that's it for today.

1 comment:

  1. Get some light weights and add that to your routine. I hate weight training for the most part, I get bored after 20 minutes or so, but I've started doing more at the gym and I can tell a difference. I haven't dropped as many pounds, but I can tell I"ve lost some inches.

    ReplyDelete