Friday, January 29, 2010

Approaching Ground Zero

So I've found that I've lost most of my post holiday poundage but now that I am close to ground zero, I've also lost the drive to push for better. I've paused so to speak and it's not even the end of the first month yet. I think part of me is putting off the next few pounds to make Feb easier. Why do it now and make next month harder when I've already surpassed this months goal right? Yeah, I can rationalize just about anything!!!


Though I will say I LONG for the days I can hit the track again and walk. I crave not only the exercises, the boost of energy that results, and the weight that I lose, but most importantly; the quiet time with God. The intimacy of walking in worship. Being out in God's creation and rocking out to christian music on the iPod or spending the time in prayer or sometimes even singing out praise and worship music at the top of my lungs (only when I'm out there alone of course, I do respect the ears of others). I just miss it. Bible study on the couch just isn't the same. I notice what needs painted and who didn't make their bed and don't enjoy the time quite the same. I'm praying for spring!
I'll post my official end of Jan and beginning of Feb weigh in in the next couple days. Remember, the goal is 5lbs per month, no averaging. So I start fresh every month and don't get to count the extra pounds I lost from the month before. Like I said, I think this is why I am stalling! lol

3 comments:

  1. Hey girl! Thanks so much for sharing with me. Winter is always the toughest ...I , personally, cant wait till the spring...as our friendship blossoms so will the flowers AND hopefully our walking schedule! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok Im new to this and I wrote a big long comment, only to have it erased! AAAHHH! Maybe I will re-write it, but the long in short of it was- keep up the good work and dont get discouraged. Just focus on today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Guys! This means a lot to have your support!

    ReplyDelete