Wednesday, February 10, 2010

What a # Means

Weight all boils down to a number. Whether the number is 125 or 355 that is the basis of how big or small you are. Funny thing is, I'm finding my # to be deceiving. So far for this month I haven't lost a pound. Yet I can't keep my pants up. Never mind that I've only had them for 2 months and they were given to me one size up from what I normally wear. When I got them, they fit! And now, I've washed and dried and washed and dried and I can pull them off and on without unbuttoning them. :) So I take comfort in the fact that I am downsizing, but my goals aren't in inches. Cool thing is, it's motivation to work harder. I'm happy to be faced with such a dilemma as my pants being too big.  Makes for a good day. Now I just pray that # catches up with my attitude!

2 comments:

  1. Girl you have guts for posting this blog. That's all I have to say. But your honesty is what I have always loved about you. You go girl. I've lost 17 lbs in a month. Woo Hoo. Thank you zumba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually inches are what you want to lose. I know you want to lose the pounds, but the muscle you are building will help burn the fat. I'd much rather lose inches and have my pants fit better than the scale moving. Although, ideally I'd love for both! I've had this happen more lately(losing the inches), esp when I am doing my crunches and weight training.
    Take it as a huge pat on the back and keep solidering on. Don't weigh yourself every day either.

    ReplyDelete